Peerless Music is thrilled to be an authorised dealer for select PastFx pedals!
CHORUS ENSEMBLE MINI
The PastFx Chorus Ensemble Mini (CEM) is based upon the Holy Grail of Chorus pedals, The BOSS® CE-1. First released in 1976 it became famous for lush Chorus and Leslie effect Vibrato.
The CEM is currently the smallest recreation of the The BOSS® CE-1 available. It is approximately 1/4 of the size and weight of an original. At 40yrs of age, original units can develop reliability issues and require capacitor replacement and extensive servicing. Unmodified working originals are becoming harder to find and are expensive. The CEM requires no fuses and is not powered by mains voltage. With today’s advancements in technology, the CEM operates off the same bipolar voltages as The BOSS® CE-1, however it only requires standard 9vdc pedal power supply.
- Uses obsolete 512 stage 1970's bucket brigade chip
- incorporates the “Noise Killer” circuitry
- Same unique Preamp stage
- Normal / effect footswitch
- Vibrato / Chorus toggle switch
- Triangle Wave LFO – Chorus
- Sinewave LFO – Vibrato
- Not True Bypass (Jfet switching as original )
- Red LED Peak Level Indicator visual feedback of input sensitivity
- High / Low Input sensitivity changeover switch
- Blue LFO rate LED, visual indication of LFO Rate
- Stereo/ Mono Outputs. In a Stereo setup, wet signal is directed to the Stereo jack and Dry to the Mono output jack.
- Vibrato controls are Depth & Rate
- Chorus is controlled by Intensity knob (which controls both rate and depth)
- When effect is bypassed the LFO LED indicator remains on without flashing
- Pedalboard friendly, uses minimal real estate and operates off industry standard (9VDC negative tip )
- The CEM also incorporates up to 2 extra popular modifications that many owners of the original unit would use.
- Depth Mod
- This mod is popular for those who were wanting more control over their chorus effect.
- The Vibrato Depth knob now controls the Depth of both the Chorus & Vibrato. The Stock depth setting of the Chorus can still be achieved by turning the Vibrato Depth knob fully clockwise.
- Buffer Mod
- Many owners of the original noticed that when selecting the high on the input sensitivity switch that some of the high frequencies of their signal was lost. This was a desirable outcome for some. To remedy this, some users would place a buffer before the BOSS® CE-1 to restore the high frequencies. The CED comes with an inbuilt buffer circuit which can be added or removed as desired.
- Note: When clipping the signal heavily by having the Level control on high, it can give various responses based on what type of amp is being played through.
- On some amps it can almost sound like a fuzz, and on others a more traditional crunch sound! This is the same experience with the original.
Dimensions : 112 x 60 x 53mm (1590B style enclosure)
Current draw approx : 110-130MA (Please read user manual for specific powering requirements before purchasing)
Peerless Music is EXTREMELY proud to be the Authorized Australian Dealer for Idiotbox Effects, direct from Texas, USA! DEATH RAY FREQUENCY MANGLER The DeathRay is my revamped version of the original Death Ray Frequency Mangler and it is sn AWESOME square wave fuzz! This pedal can go from a high...
Peerless Music is extremely proud to be an authorised dealer for Deep Trip Pedals from Brazil! THE HELLBENDER The Hellbender was reviewed by Michael Molenda and got the Guitar Player “Editor’s Pick Award” in the March/2016 issue! Late sixties into seventies, fuzz was all over, but rock n’ roll needed...
Peerless Music is EXTREMELY proud to be the Authorized Australian Dealer for Idiotbox Effects, direct from Texas, USA! BLOWER BOX BASS DISTORTION The Blower Box is a Rat style distortion based around capturing Voivod’s bass player, Blacky’s, classic bass tone on their album “Nothingface.” With a tone that sounds great...
Peerless Music is EXTREMELY proud to be the Authorized Australian Dealer for Idiotbox Effects, direct from Texas, USA! STATIC FUZZ The awesome looking Static Fuzz is the biggest, baddest, nastiest fuzz you’re ever likely to hear…. In the good way. It’s freakin’ HUGE! The Static Fuzz is a gnarly fuzz...
Daedalus Dual Reverb. Sounds from the shores of Crete. Much like the engineer that it’s name derives from, Daedalus was methodically designed and crafted. As opposed to using a chip, we built the reverb off the newest Belton 3 brick. The pedalboard friendly design of the Daedalus gives you the...
Peerless Music is extremely proud to be the authorized Australian dealer for Beetronics FX! Beetronics FX pedals are handmade in California. Every pedal made is unique, hand made and there are no two exactly alike. WHOCTAHELL – LOW OCTAVE FUZZ The WhoctaHell is a Low Octave Fuzz, with fully independent controls for...
Peerless Music is extremely proud to be an authorised Aussie dealer for Vick Audio – Handcrafted Guitar Effects from the USA Violet Ram’s Head The Violet Ram’s Head is probably the most unique sounding of the 70’s style fuzz classic reproductions Vick Audio make. It is a very high gain pedal like...
Peerless Music is extremely proud to be an authorized dealer for Deep Trip Pedals from Brazil. THE KRYPTONE There’s a certain quality about some 60’s and early 70’s guitar tones that seem to be rather exclusive of that psychadelic era. If you hear Mick Ronson on Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust era...
Peerless Music is proud to bring you Australia’s ANARCHY AUDIO. ANARCHY AUDIO – Baa Bzz (Roland Bee Baa Inspired Fuzz) The Baa Bzz by Anarchy Audio is a re-creation and modern interpretation of the Fuzz tones, found within the highly sought after vintage Roland Bee Baa. This classic circuit is...
Peerless Music is extremely proud to be an authorised Aussie dealer for Vick Audio – Handcrafted Guitar Effects from the USA The Overdriver A classic reproduction of the 1971 Colorsound Overdriver. The Overdriver is a bass and treble boosting overdrive that is a virtually identical to the 18 volt Colorsound Power Booster...