K818 Dual Overdrive
Two Iconic Overdrives in One!
The ultimate hybrid? Only you can be the judge.
The K818 is a dual overdrive preamp bred through and through with classic K-Style and OD-808
DNA. With a wide dynamic range, sweet overdrive, and lowered noise floor, the K818 is well
suited to cover a variety of playing styles and genres; most notably blues-rock!
- Boosted internal power supply with 30 volts of dynamic headroom (+/- 15V)
- Two mechanically isolated channels
- Transparent buffered input/output
- Soft clipping overdrive
- Lowered noise floor
- Series channel stacking with smooth overdrive and sustain
K-Style (Channel #1 = right side)
Legendary K-Style tone with lowered noise floor and softer dynamic clipping. Don’t be afraid to
crank the gain pot fully clockwise (CW)!
- Gain – Turn CW for symmetrical soft clipping
- Treble – Classic K-Style treble boost
- Output – Turn CW to increase output level (dB)
818 (Channel #2 = left side)
Classic OD-808 tone with crunchy overdrive, wider dynamic range, and increased output level.
Feel the difference that 30V of headroom delivers vs a standard 9V supply.
- Gain – Turn CW for more distortion and sustain
- Tone – Rotate clockwise to emphasize mids and highs
- Level – Turn CW to increase output level (dB)
Both channels may be operated in isolation or stacked. Signal path with both channels engaged:
Input -> Channel #1 -> Channel #2 -> Output
Recommended power supply: 9VDC (at least 300mA), center negative.
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 600 ohm
- Power Connector: DC center negative, 2.1mm x 5.5mm
- Current Draw: 270ma (max)
- Operating Voltage: 9V
- Reverse Power Protection: Yes
- Over Voltage Protection: Yes
- Dimensions: 4.5” x 4” x 1.7”
- Input/output Connectors: 1/4” mono, Switchcraft style jacks
- Weight: Approx. 1 pound
* Subject to change without notice
Overdrive, Overdrive/Boost, Distortion